- Each applicant will be assigned a random number. Each number will be placed on at least 3x5 index card that will be openly displayed on tables before the lottery begins.
- At the start of the lottery, the numbered cards will be placed in a clean container and shaken to ensure they settle in no predetermined order.
- The numbered cards will be selected one at a time by a member of the community with no interest in the outcome of the lottery. This individual will pass the card to a reader who will announce the number on the card and the applicant’s name to the audience.
- The selections will be recorded in the order in which they are pulled out of the container and displayed via an overhead projector or on a display board.
- After each number is read, confirmation of whether the selected student has a sibling will be noted.
- Numbers will be drawn until they have been exhausted and placed on the waiting list, if applicable, in the order in which they were drawn.
- There will be a separate lottery conducted for each grade. The selection process will be conducted one grade level at a time.